We wrapped up the second of two showers this weekend.
My mom and sister's did a wonderful job putting it together. They really need to go into an event planning business.
I also felt fortunate to have several close friends from high school and college who I rarely get to see attend. Lindsay came in from Minnesota. Liz came in from Florida and Ann found the time to leave her precious daughter at home. Though it's never enough time, it's nice to know they were there to celebrate.
Our last shower was in June. I've tried to refrain from opening and using the gifts. I'm looking forward to getting into our own house and having all these wonderful new items to break in together. There are just a few I couldn't resist.
One is a Martha Stewart multi-pot my mom got us.
I've also opened a gift sent to us from my aunt in Philadelphia. She couldn't attend the shower but was so generous to by us our 5.5 quart Le Creuset cast-iron enamel pot.
I am so excited for all the other goodies waiting for us and to get a house to put it all in. I hope that day will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment