8.15.2011

Week One: Done

For all my fears, for all my reservations, I believe I made the right decision. Friday wrapped up my first full week at WAVE, followed by a much needed four day weekend.

Check out my first lead story.

I am feeling surprisingly comfortable here. I think it's a mix of things. Everyone here is welcoming and friendly. I'm already familiar with the city, but most importantly I have a wonderful guy to drive home to every night. Let me tell you, it's the best feeling in the world.

I know it may sound mundane to those who have been doing it for the last 10, 20, 30 years, but for me, it's like magic. When you work in TV news, it's hard to put your day behind you. For the last five days, the minute I got in the car and hit the road at the end of the day, it was like a fresh start. Coming home, cooking dinner, cleaning up, getting ready for the next day, walking the dog. The simple things. It's like the perfect balance. As our life continues to grow together and children and other distractions enter the picture, I pray I never forget the feeling of these first few days having someone to come home to for the first time.

I'm looking forward to everything yet to come.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaimie,

So glad to hear you so happy. Tell Kathleen I said "Hi".