I am about to purchase a condo...sort of. My Dad is going to buy it, in my name, and I am going to rent it from him for my remaining time (give or take two years) here in Lexington. I am so excited! It's down to the final two options and I need to write out the pros and cons.
The first is a 670ish square foot one bedroom on Malabu, on the south side of town. It is newly renovated with a covered porch and a built in flat screen 42 inch HDTV.
Pros:
All new everything
Energy efficient appliances
"Free" TV (which I was planning on buying in a few month anyway)
Good location in a neighborhood.
Very safe area.
Good location behind market and bar/restaurant.
Cons:
Small
Little Closet Space
The second is a town home on the East side of town. It is 1100 plus square feet with two bedrooms and two and a half baths. It's only 7 years old and has a lot of green space.
Pros:
A lot of space
A lot of green space
Good neighborhood location
Shorter commute to work
Large kitchen
Close to Hamburg shopping center
Bank owned
Cons:
Needs some minor maintenance
Not as many bells and whistles as the other unit
A lot of renters in the neighborhood, so neighbors are a variable.
It's tough. They are pretty even. I am super happy though. It's a great distraction for all the stress in the rest of my life and one of the few things I am actually able to plan out.
No comments:
Post a Comment