...Greg and I celebrated our two year anniversary Tuesday. The thought of that offers comfort, as does the rest of our relationship. When we started dating it just sort of happened. I never pictured us here, but think that's just because I couldn't picture where I am and where we are in life. We've worked through some tough times. Times both of us weren't sure we'd make it through. It wasn't even our fault, really. It was the affect of our environment. For the first six months we spent everyday together. We couldn't get away from each other. And we tried, but even then, when we "planned" to not talk for a few days, we'd be assigned the same stories covering the news in Evansville. We laugh looking back at it now. We haven't lived in the same city or a year and a half. We each made one move. He went to Louisville. I came here to Lexington. Both were difficult. But rather then break us, we grew up. We know more about each other because of it. We can be there for each other. We don't even need to explain good or bad. It's a wonderful comfort.
...A random phone call from an old friend whose life is just as confusing, wonderful, and frustrating as your own. It always comes at the perfect time. It's not only great to catch up, but also to know there is someone else out there to turn to who understands.
...Family you can rely on.
...A dog who needs you. Even when you feel like no one else appreciates you, she will always be grateful for a walk, or a fresh bowl of water and some food.
...Recognizing a moment when you've learned something.
There are a lot of things that make me unhappy or frustrated, but they are always trumped by what makes me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment