Weather is some of the easy news coverage to do out there. It can be some of the most rewarding or some of the most annoying, depending on the event.
Currently all of Kentucky is either covered in snow, ice, water or a mixture of all three. Here in Lexington, that is what we have. It started out as snow when I woke up this morning. It turned into rain this afternoon. This evening that rain turned to ice and is now back to rain. Needless to say it's a mess out there.
Yesterday I worked during the evening. Three live hits for 5, 5:30 and 6 about the level one snow emergency and the road crews prepping. At 11 we were live with our package about people at the grocery store stocking up on food. It seemed somewhat ridiculous considering there was no snow anywhere. Also, snow never stops anything in my world. It actually makes it more hectic, so sometimes it feels silly to tell people to prepare for the snow, when nothing changes in my world.
It was all worth it.
This morning and much of the day I was up in Scott county. The storm there was pretty average. Down south, in Boyle and Garrard county the ice hit hard. Trees were down, power lines were down.
We recorded something for noon and went live at 5. We then sat, or I sat, in Scott county until 7 while Keith tried to get the mast down. A metal pole and ice don't mix. But he did a good job and I was ready to leave work around 8, when my car got stuck in the parking lot. Bruce and Kathy, my bosses, pushed me out and I headed home slowly but surely. The parking lot at my apartment complex is a solid sheet of ice, or at least the parking spaces are. I tried to find one that looked plowed so I can get out in the morning.
They are expecting more ice, rain, snow mix tonight, so it's going to be another long day tomorrow. It will be my 8th straight day working too.
I'm ready for a break...and I'm ready for spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment