It started Wednesday morning, New Year's Eve. I got off work 3 hours early! I had racked up a ton of overtime during the week and normally I would be opposed to backing out the hours, but when it comes to getting off work at 9:45 in the morning on a holiday, I wasn't about to stick around.
I got to Louisville by 11:30 and napped until about 3 while Greg ran some errands. When he got home I got out of bed, we hung out for awhile, then got ready for our New Year's Eve plans. We weren't really sure what we were going to do, but we knew it would be fun.
I did make dinner reservations at Red Star Tavern for dinner. We ate there once before and I loved their martini's so we decided it would be a good place for New Year's Eve dinner. We had a wonderful time. It's one of the first times in a while where we were able to just sit down and enjoy each other's company. No plans, no place to go, just whatever.
After dinner we decided we would stay around 4th Street for the evening. We had a couple party invitations, but one was all the way out in Indiana and we didn't want to travel that far. The other was on Bardstown, the party of a friend of a friend. It probably would have been a good time, but by the time we finished dinner we had both had a few drinks and decided it would just be best to stay put.
We decided to hang out at Hotel nightclub. Nothing exciting, but they had dance music and a big crowd so it was fine. The club was actually the first place we ever went out when we first started dating. It was named something else and owned by different people at the time. We really haven't been back since, so it was just like old times, hanging, dancing and enjoying the evening. We stayed until about 2 and caught a cab home.
It's been so long since we were able to go out and not have to worry about going to work the next day or meeting up with other people in different places. It was just a good time.
Both of us were up by 8 the next morning, thanks to early work schedules during the week. I was not feeling like getting out of bed, but we made plans to meet Will and Sarah for lunch, which was great. We haven't seen them in awhile and it already got my New Year's resolution of visiting with friends more often off to a good start on the first day.
We spent the most of New Year's Day napping and recovering. For dinner I made green and red lasagna I saw on the Racheal Ray show. It turned out great and was fun to make too.
Friday, (our third day off in a row together!!) we slept in and then went to see Slumdog Millionaire at the movies. It was a very good. A little tedious at the beginning but it had a wonderful ending. Friday we just laid around cooked dinner together again and went to bed early.
I had to be back at work this morning, but it felt like I had been off for weeks. I can't remember having that much time off with no plans. It felt weird not to have to work, but it was a great way to start off the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment